Our schedule might change a bit, but here are some of the main details:
We leave on January 2nd and fly:
- from Grand Rapids to Chicago (leave at 11:55am and arrive at 11:55am)
- from Chicago to Hong Kong (leave at 2pm and arrive at 7:55pm on the 3rd) a 15.5 hour flight!
- we have a 13.5 hour layover in Hong Kong so we’ll get to do some sightseeing there :)
- from Hong Kong to Jakarta, Indonesia (leave at 9:30am and arrive at 1:20pm
There's a lot of exciting stuff we'll get to do including seeing a bamboo show, making batik (a dyed fabric), snorkeling, hiking, and a bike tour. That doesn't even do justice to all the amazing things that are planned!
Late on the 22nd we fly:
- from Jakarta to Hong Kong (leave at 11:55pm and arrive at 5:40am on the 23rd)
- from Hong Kong to Chicago (leave at 11:50am and arrive at 12:10 pm)
- from Chicago to Grand Rapids (leave at 2:25pm and arrive at 4:10pm)
We'll try to update the blog as often as we can, but we're not sure how often we'll be able to use the wifi. Please pray for safe travels as we travel to Indonesia, and once we're there, please pray specifically for our health; we can't drink the water because it's not clean enough, but even as we try to avoid it by drinking bottled water, it's very likely we'll all get sick at some point on the trip, but it'll be worth it ;)